Frequent visitors of my blog have already noticed an increase in articles on app localization. There’s a reason for that: today my Proz.com training on app localization is introduced.
I am glad to share some more information with you.
The new online translation course on app localization is hosted at Proz.com’s platform as a self-paced course. Participants can buy the course for as low as $ 50 (€ 37) and follow the 9 topics when they have time. After succesfully having completed the final quiz they will receive a certificate.
What’s in the course?
Let’s follow the description:
In the last few years we have seen a huge rise in the development and sale of mobile devices.
With the growth of smartphones, tablets and everything in between, the number of applications (“apps”) is also exploding. Many game and utility developers step in in an attempt to create popular apps and to benefit from the huge and booming new market. And if you want to you can read success stories of mobile app developers regularly. Just think of the stories of Angry Birds, Cut the Rope and Evernote.
Those apps are extremely popular and people demand them. In the past few years I’ve had the honor of contributing to some of the most popular apps in the world. You can have that chance too.
In this course you will learn the basics of app localization.
- Translators who want to expand their specializations
- Translators looking to start app localization
- App localizers who want to learn more skills for app localization
- Translators who want to get new clients
- The difference between app translation and localization
- How apps are structured
- The technical aspects of multilingual apps
- What mobile operating systems are available and how they require different localization
- What skills and tools you need to have to localize apps
- How you can localize app content
The course explicitly is not a course on app development nor is a training in localization.
It mixes both components and learns what apps are, where localizers need to care for and how they can achieve astounding quality.
Please visit the course page at http://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/10720-a_crash_course_to_translate_apps.